Wednesday, February 4, 2009
I'm sure you guys can more than capably follow the filtering-in of letters of intent from eager student athletes today. I thought I might update you on some of the more nail biting signings that some thought may or may not happen:
- I gave Syracuse fans reason to feel optimistic about signing OT Andrew Tiller. That's in fact what the Nassau Community College lineman did when he chose the Orange this morning over the University of Miami.
- The downside for 'Cuse fans? David Oku may be leaning toward Auburn. The Tigers aren't having any problem signing other high profile running backs though, which may make Oku think twice about competing in a crowded backfield.
- West Virginia will unfortunately be without the services of Pompano Beach, FL DB Michael Carter, who chose instead to commit to the University of Minnesota (Go figure!)
- Rutgers fans can rest easy knowing they've wrapped up LB Ka'Lail Glaud who was also considering a bevy of BCS conference programs....
- ...and they'll get to potentially see him on the field against FIU.
- Matt Hinton at Dr. Saturday sums up USF's last second recruitment of Sam Barrington