Wednesday, December 17, 2008
The ever-popular "Big East expansion" conversation is always in full effect. On the Bleacher Report today, Jeff Kalafa notes that Buffalo could be a viable expansion target for the conference. Admittedly, there are some features about the school that make it an attractive potential piece to the Big East puzzle:
- Geographic location
- Enrollment size
- Public institution with solid academic credentials
- A football program that has found recent success
The trumping factor for Buffalo unfortunately, is the fact that it has virtually no presence in any other college sport. Until the Bulls break out solid basketball, hockey, or women's sports programs, I can't see the Big East so much as sniffing in their direction.B-Squared @ ESPN:
- Back-up QB Paul-Etienne to transfer from Rutgers (D.C. Jefferson & Tom Savage fans rejoice)
- Jackson (D-Line) and Conley (Linebackers) to stay on staff at Syracuse...
- ...Will a huge JUCO OL follow Anselmo up North?
- The USF Bulls have not had a rusher over 100 yards in 14 games
- Matthew Zemek at Fox Sports gives us "34 things to consider for bowl season"
- UCONN head coach Randy Edsall gives his thoughts on the International Bowl
I leave you with the Higher Ed Watch Academic BCS Rankings: